Have a good idea?

I have a soft spot in my heart for entrepreneurs. Growing up, my dad always had an invention up his sleeve that we just knew would make him big. Whether it was 'Groove Juice' that could take a scratch out of anything or coming up with a new use for an old item, it was incredible. He's unbelievably creative!

Yesterday on NBC's Today Show, US Weekly contributor Jill Martin showed everyone how to get rid of dust bunnies on their broom. It is called the Broom Groomer and was created by a community of entrepreneurs who use a website called Quirky to collaborate and share ideas.



Once you've swept the dust/hair/nastiness-that-you-can't-figure-out-how-it-got-into-your-house  into a pile, you step on the back handle, and sweep your dust into the pan.


As you sweep, you can just 'groom' your broom by using the back rubber teeth to clean off your broom. Genius!



And at only $12.99, you can't beat it!

The other invention that I find completely functional is the Ventu Strain & Serve. I love this invention... primarily because it means I can wash less dishes!


This bowl allows you to prep, strain, serve, and store your food all in one sleek and modern dish. All you have to do is push one of the handles down, and it switches the bottom of the bowl to a strainer. So smart! The Ventu costs $49.99.

You can see it in action here: 


Hat's off to our everyday inventors... including my favorite inventor, my dad!

Much love,




p.s. Quirky has no idea who I am and in no way suggested I write this post. I just happen to really like new ideas and clever inventions.

Comments

  1. I love them both! Great ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Callie, I absolutely love this blog and that I can see what you and Zach have done with the house and all of your tidbits. It really feels like a virtual tour of your beautiful home and life. Missed you so much today and love you and Zach even more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment